[osg-users] Please test SVN of OpenSceneGraph in prep for 2.5.6 dev release

Robert Osfield robert.osfield at gmail.com
Mon Jul 21 14:07:47 PDT 2008

Hi All,

There have been a number of fixes, and new additions to SVN since
2.5.5 so we'll need to get this thoroughly tested out across
platforms.  The main new addition is an osg::ImageSequence class, and
associated osgDB::ImagePager and osgimagestream example.  This late
work is not yet complete, alas, but API wise is mostly there and close
to its final form for 2.6.  I should wrap the implementation side up
tomorrow morning.

FYI, I've pushed the ImageSequence work ahead of 2.6 as hopefully code
that'll be using it can get integrated with osgExp, without getting
this in now osgExp would have to target a non stable release to be
able to integrate the improvements.  The osgExp changes aren't mine
though, so please don't ask questions and expect answers.. I'll have
to defer to those developing the changes to pass them on in time.

This extra code does push potential for build breakage, the best we
can do is be test on as many plarforms as possible and be quick to fix
anything that is amiss. So please, pretty please could you do an svn
update on your machines and let me know how you get on.

Many thanks,