[osg-users] PrecipitationEffect not updating - problem solved

Murray Curtis murray at dragtag.com.au
Sun Jul 20 19:40:01 PDT 2008

Found it. I had failed to add my view to the composite viewer so even
though an update callback reported valid framestamps from the visitor,
the precipitation node was not being updated (or updated incorrectly).

I have several of osgViewer::View each with differing viewports all
sharing a common osg::GraphicsContext. Only one of the views needs to be
added to my osgViewer::CompositeViewer to make all of them visible.
Thats what caught me out. Is that expected behaviour?

Cheers
Murray