[osg-users] Plugin Problem, osgDB doesn't find plugins

Ariasgore ariasgore at gmx.de
Fri Jul 18 08:23:31 PDT 2008

Hello,

I am using VS2008 and OSG 2.5.2, compiled from source (included plugins) now
I am trying to load a simple image with some code:
osgDB::readImageFile("test.jpg");
osgDB::readImageFile("test.png");
osgDB::readImageFile("test.tga");

None of those work, I always get the message "Warning: Could not find plugin
to read objects from file "test.jpg"."
I copied the whole osgPlugins-2.5.2  folder content to my bin output folder
directly into it and into a subfolder for testing. No effect.
So I basically have the osgdb_jpegd.dll and have no idea if I am missing
something.
I found no info about any further linking in my projects of those plugins
since osgDB should do this automatically.

What am I missing?

Thanks