[osg-users] osgWidget now checked into OSG SVN trunk

Robert Osfield robert.osfield at gmail.com
Tue Jul 15 09:58:21 PDT 2008

Hi All,

I have just completed the import of Jeremy Moles osgWidget library
into OpenSceneGraph SVN trunk.  I merged with relatively few changes -
mainly just CMakeLists.txt file changes and move of
imager/scripts/shaders out into OpenSceneGraph-Data SVN trunk.

We need to come up with some new imagery files for the osgwidget
examples so that we know we know the full history/license of them, as
I've only placed the ones in OpenSceneGraph-Data that are original.
We might be able to just reuse existing OpenSceneGraph-Data for these
examples.

There are also fonts references in the osgwidgets examples that I
don't have in OpenSceneGraph-Data so we'll need to enumerate these and
then replace/add them into OpenSceneGraph-Data where appropriate.

Now osgWidget's is in OSG SVN it'll be exposed to much more testing
across platforms so there is certainly potential for build problems.
Picking these up early will allow us to fix them in plenty of time for
2.6 so I'd very much appreciate testing across as many platforms as
people have access to.

Just in case build issues do come about then you can disable the build
of osgWidget via the BUILD_OSGWIDGET Cmake variable, this currently
defaults to ON.  If everything builds fine across all platforms then
I'll drop build option to keep things simple.

Thanks in advance for you assistance on testing.  Once it looks like
things are building across all our main platforms I'll go ahead and
tag another dev release.

Cheers,