[osg-users] Looking for tips on importing osgWidget

Robert Osfield robert.osfield at gmail.com
Tue Jul 15 07:42:12 PDT 2008

Hi All,

svn experts I need you!!

I'm now ready to pull in Jeremy Moles work on osgWidget, and have tried:

cd OpenSceneGraph/include
svn copy http://osgwidget.googlecode.com/svn/trunk/include/osgWidget/ .

Now this copies the files into my local copy, but reports the message:

svn: Source URL
'http://osgwidget.googlecode.com/svn/trunk/include/osgWidget' is from
foreign repository; leaving it as a disjoint WC

What I was hoping was that svn would be clever enough to allow me to
import the files and histories directly into the OSG's svn repository.
 I've done some searches on this topic on web and haven't really come
up with anything that really tells me whether I'm doing is possible
and if it is, how to go about it.

Is there some option in svn that I'm missing?

The easy fix that I know of would be to export the files from
osgwidget.googlecode.com and then import these into the OSG.  I know
this will work, but it'll loose all the history.

Thoughts? Suggestons?