[osg-users] KD-Tree Performance Challenge....

Adrian Egli OpenSceneGraph (3D) 3dhelp at gmail.com
Mon Jul 14 04:57:01 PDT 2008

Hi all,

.................... KD-Tree Performance Challenge ....................

The latest version of OpenSceneGraph (SVN) supports a KD-Tree data
structure. So we can start a challenge:

Who can bit my kd-Tree implementation?

Rule: Everyone who has a faster implementation can send a email with
containing source code. It has to be based one the OSG KDTree
implementation.

Prize:
Is out there someone can offering a prize?

Help:
I can not offer any price for the winning code, but i will offer my source
code as starting point.
My source code should only help to understand who fast we can trace a ray
through a scene. it's not yet the fastet know implementation have a look at:
http://homepages.paradise.net.nz/nickamy/benchmark.html

Source:
http://webaddon3d.assoftware.ch/AE/RayTracer.zip

Scene to test: