[osg-users] GUIEventAdapter getWindowWidth() and getWindowHeight() not updated on resize

Jason Beverage jasonbeverage at gmail.com
Fri Jul 11 12:31:04 PDT 2008

Hi all,

I've noticed in my application that in a GUIEventHandler's handle function,
the values for the GUIEventAdapter ea's  getWindowWidth() and
getWindowHeight() are always the same and aren't updated when the window is
resized.  I've tried to look through the code to see where the problem would
be but it all looks decent to me on first glance.

I've found a workaround by casting the GUIActionAdapter to a osgViewer::View
and getting the values from it's camera's viewport, which are updated
correctly.

I'm running OSG 2.4 on Windows XP SP2.

Thanks,

Jason