[osg-users] Problem setting a skydome

Alberto Luaces aluaces at udc.es
Fri Jul 11 08:48:55 PDT 2008

Hello,

I'm having trouble setting a skydome into my scene. It is messing with the
autocomputed near and far planes (the near plane goes too far, cutting near
objects). In order to avoid it, I tried to disable culling for its subgraph
and even giving it a ComputeBoundingSphereCallback that only generates
invalid boundingSpheres, but the problem stays. Any ideas?

My "invalid bounds" generator:

class invalidBoundsCallback: public osg::Node::ComputeBoundingSphereCallback{
   public:
    osg::BoundingSphere computeBound (const osg::Node &) const
    {
       return osg::BoundingSphere();
     }
};

Setting of the subgraph containing the skydome (group->SkynodeGeode):

osg::ref_ptr<osg::Node> n = osgDB::readNodeFile( skydome);
n->setCullingActive(false);
n->setComputeBoundingSphereCallback(new invalidBoundsCallback);

Alberto