[osg-users] How to byte-align Vec4Array

David Spilling david.spilling at gmail.com
Tue Jul 8 02:57:23 PDT 2008

Dear All,

Is there an obvious way of aligning the contents of the Vec4Array to 16 byte
boundaries? Can I also guarantee that each std::vector entry will be
contiguous in memory? i.e. I would like to make sure that array[0].x(),
array[1].x() etc. are all on consecutive 16 byte boundaries.

(I'm using MS VC++ 9, so would natively use __declspec(align(16)) but am not
sure how to "get at" the vector).

If not, can I declare a big array of floats, that is aligned as per
requirements, and pass it into a geometry as a vertex array direclty,
bypassing use of Vec4Array (and Vec4 for that matter)?

I guess if neither of these works, then I'm down to subclassing Vec4Array...

Thanks,

David