[osg-users] is there a way to select an invisible object?

Gianluca Natale gianluca.natale at adstorino.it
Mon Jul 7 02:24:04 PDT 2008

Hi All!

I'm using OSG to implement my own scene graph
to draw my scene on the screen.
Sometimes I would need to select an object even if it
is invisible (I mean that the switch node it is attached
to is set to off). But this seems impossible to me,
because I don't want to draw the object, so I have to
disable that switch.
On the other hand, if I disable the switch, how can I
select it (with the standard OpenGL picking mechanism)?
Do I have to duplicate the scene graph, one for
selection and the other for drawing?

Thank you in advance for your suggestions.
Gianluca Natale