[osg-users] Only intersecting certain nodes in the scene graph

Jason Beverage jasonbeverage at gmail.com
Thu Jul 3 10:20:03 PDT 2008

Hi all,

This is probably a very basic question, but I'm having a hard time
understanding how the traversal masks work when using an
IntersectionVisitor.

I have a scene that contains an osgdem generated terrain database as well as
other nodes such as text labels, lines, etc.  In certain situations, I only
want to compute the intersections against the terrain database.

I created a node mask for the terrain, 0x1, and used setNodeMask to set it
on the root node of the terrain database.

I am using the computeIntersections function of Viewer and passed along that
traversal mask hoping that it would only intersect the paged database.
However, the computeIntersections function is computing intersections
against all of the nodes in the scene graph instead of just the paged
database.

Does this usage sound correct or am I way off base?

Thanks!

Jason