[osg-users] Issue with Model Display in OSG with VR Juggler

Abhishek Seth abhishekseth28 at gmail.com
Thu Jul 3 09:06:59 PDT 2008

Hi !

I am having problems with how models look when loaded in my Application. I
am using OSGNav Sample program from VR Juggler 2.2.1 with OSG 2.4.  Juggler
uses osgUtil::SceneView but does not use osgViewer::.

When I load the file in OsgViewer it looks great; however in Juggler's
OSGNav it looks awful (the colors get washed out). I suspect this is related
to how Juggler is handling the Materials and Lighting while rendering the
model.  I have spent a fair amount of time working through osgviewer.exe in
the debuger to try to determine the what it is doing with lighting.  It
seems to set up multiple lights and calls into the light::apply each frame.
Juggler sets up a sigle light and never calls into the light::apply after
the initial set up.  Before I investigate this further I thought I'd asked
the list since I have the suspicion that is this something simple and
someone might recognive the issue my just looking at a few screen shots.  I
have attached screenshots for both Juggler's OSGNav & OSGViewer and also the
osg file them self.  Furthermore, I have also included a simple model of a
cube that demonstrates the same effect.

Thanks alot for the help.

Abhi