[osg-users] new Optimizer improvement rocks

Terry Welsh mogumbo at gmail.com
Wed Jul 2 13:28:30 PDT 2008

This improvement to sharing duplicate state in Optimizer has boosted
my app's performance 10-20% on my various computers at work.  Nice
job, and thanks.  I'm running a pretty complex .flt city model with
lots of textures for all the buildings and cars.  It also loads lots
of external models.  I wonder if others are seeing this much
improvement.

revision 8513:
"Changed the Optimizer::StateVisitor so that it can individually decide whether
to optimize away duplicate state with dynamic, static and unspecified
DataVarience. By default
the code now optimizes away duplicate state with either static and
unspecied state, previously
it was just handling static state."