[osg-users] Dramatic increase in event traversal time during mouse movement

Michael Bach Jensen michael.bach.jensen at gmail.com
Wed Jul 2 01:12:23 PDT 2008

Hello, group!

I was looking at the nice statshandler graphics in osgViewer.exe, and
noticed a dramatic increase in the time spent in the event traversal
stage when the mouse was moved (goes from 0.02ms to around 8ms).
Strangely enough, rotating the view by dragging with the mouse, almost does not
increase the event traversal time (goes to 0.04ms). Has anyone else noticed this
behavior and have an idea on whats going on? I am working on project
in Delta3D and first noticed it there, but since the same happens in
osgViewer.exe on a separate installation, I thought I'd ask here!

I am on Windows XP and was looking at the cow, btw!

Sincerely,
Michael