[osg-users] mouse/viewport issues with CompositeViewer

Bob Balfour bob at BAL4.com
Tue Jul 1 16:28:29 PDT 2008

I am wondering about the status of this bug/fix (below) that I originally saw discussed back in late Feb. by Paul M., Jean-Sebastien and Robert, and again in late May, with no firm resolution.  I am using OSG 2.4 and appear to be experiencing this same problem using CompositeViewer and slave cameras.  Is the only current option to drop down to osgViewer::Viewer, or will doing a current SVN checkout resolve it?

Look closely - the scene moves, just *very very* little.

It's a bug in osgViewer/CompositeViewer.cpp which I submitted a fix for
about a week ago. When a single view is on multiple displays (so the
slave camera mechanism in osgViewer::View is used) the viewport extents
are not set correctly in the eventTraversal, so when the mouse events
are translated they have wrong values and the mouse movement has very
little effect.

Bob.