[osg-users] AutoTransform scale implementation

Andy Skinner Andy.Skinner at mathworks.com
Tue Jul 1 11:48:18 PDT 2008

I'd like to know more about the AutoTransform auto-scale implementation.  We want something similar, but we think we need to account for non-uniform scaling.

Could I get a description of CullingSet::computePixelSizeVector()?  I see it was written in 2002, but I'd appreciate any help in understanding it.

I see that it uses the projection matrix.  It seems to get the same scaling for objects at different depths, so I think it takes perspective into account.  On the other hand, the projection matrix is changed after the cull (after calculating near and far), so it won't be the same as used in AutoTransform to get this scale.

Any info on what this does would be appreciated.

Thanks,
andy