[osg-users] CMake build target INSTALL

Luigi Calori l.calori at cineca.it
Fri Sep 7 02:25:05 PDT 2007

Hartmut Seichter wrote:

>Ok, the problem seems that Cmake detects a Coin3D 2.4.5 installation
>only halfway correctly. It is missing the libs and thus I suppose the
>values from the cache don't make it into the target for the .iv plugin
>(include directory etc pp). When running the INSTALL target the cmake
>script craps out because it can't find osgdb_iv.dll and skips everything
>after that.

The INSTALL target run a script that try to copy all the built files
into the install places.
If some build target fails, the script does not find a file and so crash.
Non know if is possible to configure in a way it continue even if some
file is missing.

You can try to use the advanced option OSG_MSVC_VERSIONED_DLL to build a
build time directory structure that mimic
what install target do but at build time