[osg-users] Ortho Clipping

Robert Osfield robert.osfield at gmail.com
Sat Sep 29 03:29:26 PDT 2007

On 9/29/07, Alan Harris <alanosg at resoft.co.uk> wrote:
> In 1.2 I use the SceneView::setProjectionMatrixAsOrtho2D() function to
> control zoom (effectively field of view) and leave the eye location at a
> fixed distance from the scene.

The same functon exist in 2.x in osg::Camera, but this still doesn't
change the fact that doing freeform user interaction in orthographic
projection is not reasonable goal or expectation, the projection
simply doesn't work for this.

Othrogrphics views are best reserved for map, side and oblique views
such as you'd find in technical drawings on building, or head up
displays.