[osg-users] Redistribute OSG on Vista

Roger James roger at beardandsandals.co.uk
Fri Sep 28 08:26:49 PDT 2007

Serge,

If you get that message in the log it would appear that Loadlibrary has been
successful and the os thinks the dependent assembles have been loaded
correctly.
The only thing I can think of is that the assembly that you are using
contains dlls that are not compatible with vista in some way. I would check
the version info on the dlls put in winsxs by the vcredist program on a
vista machine against the versions in your assembly.

The ones in my vista build system here are version 8.0.50727.762 , there a
quite a few other version there as well, but that one that gets used as it
matches what vc express sp1 puts in the manifest as a dependency

<assembly xmlns="urn:schemas-microsoft-com:asm.v1" manifestVersion="1.0">
	<dependency>
       	<dependentAssembly>
       		<assemblyIdentity type="win32"
       					name="Microsoft.VC80.CRT"
						version="8.0.50727.762"
						processorArchitecture="x86"

publicKeyToken="1fc8b3b9a1e18e3b">
			</assemblyIdentity>
		</dependentAssembly>
	</dependency>
</assembly>

We been struggling with vista install issues here for the last 3 months and
I still do not think we have got it cracked properly yet.

Roger