[osg-users] osgText precision issue

sherman wilcox wilcox.sherman at gmail.com
Fri Sep 28 06:18:29 PDT 2007

An update.

I finally got around to tackling this. I believe the issue was a float
precision problem. I solved it by placing an osg::MatrixTransform
above each drawable. That way all my matrix ops are computed using
doubles and not floats. This addressed the problem nicely. The text is
now stable from an altitude of hundreds of thousands of meters down to
an altitude of dozens of meters, etc.

Thanks to all those that responded.