[osg-users] Redistribute OSG on Vista

Serge Lages serge.lages at gmail.com
Fri Sep 28 04:56:15 PDT 2007

Hi all,

First thanks for the feedbacks.

I was thinking that it was a CRT link problem between different version (as
I use 3rdParty libraries compiled with VS7.1). That's why yesterday I
rebuild all the libraries (jpeg, png, tiff...) using VS8 SP1 and with
Multithreaded DLL set. As a side note, thanks Mike for your osgtoy
repository, it helped me a lot in this task.

But it still crash on Vista. As you mentioned Roger I tried to directly put
the CRT dlls and manifest side by side with the plugins dlls but it doesn't
work too. I also used ms dependency walker and it confirms that I depend
only on CRT (not MFC, ATL and others).

So I really don't know what to do next, maybe having all the depedencies
(jpeg, png...) as dlls instead of building then statically.

I have launch my application with OSG_NOTIFY_LEVEL=DEBUG_INFO and here is
the last lines before the crash :

FindFileInPath() : trying
D:\demo\MgtDemo\Bin\release\osgPlugins-2.1.12\osgdb_jpeg.dll ...
FindFileInPath() : USING
D:\demo\MgtDemo\Bin\release\osgPlugins-2.1.12\osgdb_jpeg.dll
Opened DynamicLibrary osgPlugins-2.1.12/osgdb_jpeg.dll
FindFileInPath(../../Media/Textures/Sky/FLARE_0.jpg): returning
../../Media/Textures/Sky/FLARE_0.jpg

It's weird because it seems that the plugin is loaded but it fails to read a
file.
Any ideas ?

On 9/27/07, Roger James <roger at beardandsandals.co.uk> wrote:

>  Something I forgot. I have seen mention that having the private assembly
> in a sub-directory doesn't work when loading dlls. I have never tried it.
> Maybe someone who understands this maze can comment.
>

> So just copy the runtime dlls and their manifest up into the plugin
> directory.
>

> Roger

Serge Lages
http://www.magrathea-engine.org