[osg-users] more on Windows debugging

Andy Skinner Andy.Skinner at mathworks.com
Thu Sep 27 12:08:35 PDT 2007

Oh, we're building the OSG with an enormous pile of scaffolding.  There is a process for building all our 3rd party software.  I still haven't heard why they don't include /Zi for 3rd party stuff, or why I was getting pdb file at all (even if not containing everything) without it.

I'd love to know how to get the paths in the pdb file to be UNC paths, rather than the volume number.  My sandbox is my S: volume, but if I'd like to keep the build area in my sandbox and let other people use it, I'd like to use the UNC name (\\mathworks\devel\sandbox\askinner).  I don't know if there is a way to get that name into the file instead of S: or not.  Until I figure that out, they'll have to copy my build area (with src directory and pdb files) as well as my install (with include, bin, and lib).  I'd like for them to just have to get the install.

andy