[osg-users] more on Windows debugging

Jean-Sébastien Guay jean-sebastien.guay at polymtl.ca
Thu Sep 27 11:32:02 PDT 2007

Hello Andy,

Glad you got this sorted, it was bugging me too. Not your messages
:-), but the fact you got the problem when I have had no problem
debugging inside the OSG DLLs -- of course stating "I have no problem"
doesn't help at all, which is why I didn't  say anything.

> It was /Zi.  I knew I saw it set (it was put in another variable and not
> put in the one I was using), and I knew I was getting pdb files, so I
> really thought it was being applied.  Oh, well.

I wonder, how were you building the OSG? On my side, when I generate
the build files with CMake, using the build configuration list in
Visual Studio to switch from Release to Debug sets the correct flags
(including /Zi)... Were you building the OSG with a different build
tool or from your own scripts?

I'm just wondering, because if not, that would indicate that in some
circumstances CMake will generate invalid build files (without /Zi for
the debug build, at least), and I'd like to get to the bottom of that
so others don't get that problem in the future...

OTOH, if the problem was totally on your side, then I'm just glad you
got it fixed. I remember a few threads I started that lasted a few
days/weeks and where the problem was ultimately totally on my side, so
I can relate. :-)

J-S
Jean-Sebastien Guay     jean-sebastien.guay at polymtl.ca
                         http://whitestar02.webhop.org/