[osg-users] Trackball and view question

Poirier, Guillaume Guillaume.Poirier at nrc-cnrc.gc.ca
Thu Sep 27 11:25:56 PDT 2007

Well this is what I was trying, using viewer.getCamera()->getViewMatrixAsLookAt(osg::Vec3 &eye, osg::Vec3
&center, osg::Vec3 &up, float lookDistance=1.0f). In step 2 (with trackball manipulator) I read back the
eye, center, and up values in the camera post draw callback. When the pose is almost identical as in the
first step, I read the values and they look quite different than what I was setting in the first step. I am still
unclear whether this is "normal" or not. So my question is, if it's "normal", is there a transformation
I can do to recuperate the step 1 values ? Or do I need to implement a custom view manipulator to achieve
what I am looking for ?

regards,

bill