[osg-users] Redistribute OSG on Vista

Roger James roger at beardandsandals.co.uk
Thu Sep 27 09:55:24 PDT 2007

Does your app need MFC? The redist installs assemblies for that as well.

Do the versions in the manifest file match the ones in the dlls and the ones
in the manifests embedded in the exe and plugin dlls?

I found this thread useful

http://forums.microsoft.com/MSDN/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=164465
<http://forums.microsoft.com/MSDN/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=164465&SiteID=1>
&SiteID=1

osg loads its plugins via loadlibrary (as opposed to implicit loading via
the exe loader) which is why you need private assemblies in the plugin
directory as well.

Only ms could dream up something this Byzantine!

I found the ms dependency walker (http://www.dependencywalker.com
<http://www.dependencywalker.com/> ) and the CFF Explorer
(http://www.ntcore.com/products.php) useful in tracking this stuff down.

Roger