[osg-users] Redistribute OSG on Vista

Serge Lages serge.lages at gmail.com
Thu Sep 27 03:03:52 PDT 2007

On 9/27/07, Adrian Egli <3dhelp at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi Serge,
>
> i don't know what's exactly going wrong with this. but one problem is that
> you don't have the redist installed. the latest version of VS 2005 force per
> default the manifest file building and the CRT lib. there should be 2
> solutions to solve this, i am not sure and i did test it, but i rember that
> i did once similar:
>
> try to:
> (1) remove manifest build
> (2) try to et crt lib settings in the project
>
> if you test it on a system VS 2005 installed, everythings works nice.
> otherwise i doesnt. so try to test also under xp (without installed VS 2005)

My current solution (including Microsoft.VC80.CRT folders) works with a
fresh WinXP install (without VS8 nor redist package installed). But it
doesn't work on a fresh Vista install, that is why I am so disappointed. :/

Anyone have manage to redistribute an OSG app on a Windows Vista without
having to install the redistributable package ?

--
Serge Lages
http://www.magrathea-engine.org