[osg-users] osgDotNet : Nodes adding to scene graph outsidemain()function scope

Christophe Medard christophe.medard at oktal.fr
Tue Sep 25 07:43:21 PDT 2007

Hi Mike,

Thanks for telling me the same kind of thing was already reported !
I understand passin in OSG 2.1.12 would do no good.

Thanks also for confirming the OSG reference count management being done by the wrapper layer in a .NET Managed-fashion...

It's quite hard to find the root cause indeed, since it seems to depend on independant factor, like where the camera is -initially- positionned : I only get the problem when letting osgViewer set it away from the scene (no osgViewer.getCameraManipulator().setHomePosition() call in my mainloop). There's something about an intersect visitor apparently (a culling pass ?).
One could think it's only where the AccessViolation first occur. I'm not sure : if I initialize the camera close to the scene geometry, not only does my AccessViolation vanish, but I don't have the OSG Notice warning about a possible problem anymore either. That whether I leave space between my point of the scene and scene geometry through manipulator's behaviour afterwards in the run time of my application...

Anyway, if anyone happen to lock the root cause, please don't hesitate to post !

--
Christophe Médard
Société OKTAL (http://www.oktal.fr)