[osg-users] may be some bug in dds plugin

David Spilling david.spilling at gmail.com
Tue Sep 25 04:02:13 PDT 2007

Ah - just noticed. The DDS file you attached claims to have 10 mipmaps, but
there is only data for (and it only makes sense to have) 7. So, firstly,
something looks broken in whatever wrote the file, in terms of retrieving
the number of mipmaps. Setting it to a low value during the image load
works; i.e. the file reads fine.

As an aside, I just generated a DDS with 128x128, but only data for 5 mipmap
levels; on loading, image->getNumMipmapLevels reports 8 (i.e. what you would
expect for a fully mipmapped 128x128 image).

I haven't tracked this down any further, though (and won't have time to at
present).

David