[osg-users] OSG crash in OpenThreads::ScopedLock

Robert Osfield robert.osfield at gmail.com
Mon Sep 24 01:37:46 PDT 2007

Hi Gert,

Thanks for the stack trace, this is very useful.  It indicates a
problem with a lack of thread safe reference counting in
ReaderWriter::Options, so I've added this into the set up of
ReaderWriter and ReaderWriter::Options and checked it in.

In your code are you dynamically setting up text in the update phase,
and loading a paged database?  The failure does like what Sherman came
across a few weeks back.  I suspect the failure mode is that two
threads are using ref/unreffing the Registry's Option object at one
time resulting in problems.  If this is correct the changes I've just
checked in "should" fix this particular problem.

Could you do an svn update and let me know how you get on?

Robert.