[osg-users] ive format and includeImageFileInIVEFile does itlosereferences to same image?

Serge Lages serge.lages at gmail.com
Fri Sep 21 06:28:52 PDT 2007

If you don't specify it, you image data will be written uncompressed, and it
can explain the size of the ive file.

To have your images written in a compressed format add to your option string
:
compressImageData JPEG_QUALITY 90
(for rgba images you have similar options with the PNG plugin)

On 9/21/07, Roger James <roger at beardandsandals.co.uk> wrote:

>  I now publicly admit that this whole thread had been nonsense. The writer
> does maintain a map of statesets so duplicating image data is in fact very
> rare.
>

> I still don't understand how a 2.3Mb (uncompressed) dae file plus 0.3Mb of
> jpeg data ends up as a 20Mbyte ive file!
>

> Roger
>

> I will not be offended if I am told the above is utter nonsense!
>

> Roger

Serge Lages
http://www.magrathea-engine.org