[osg-users] 'loosing' textures? = How to create a proper .osg file with multi-texturing?

Raymond de Vries reedev at xs4all.nl
Fri Sep 21 00:08:54 PDT 2007

Hi Robert, good morning,

I fully understand your point of view about the osgViewer, and I support
that. Actually, I've set up a test project to give it a try.

It seems that my problem has to do with my (hand-made) multi-textured
models! So it seems that I am not handling the statesets properly... I
created a multi-textured .osg file by hand, and I suspect that I forgot
to set/change something. It looks ok when I load it in osgviewer and I
don't see any errors reported by osgviewer (env var set to DEBUG_FP).
Other models then this multi-textured plane loose their texture in this
situation:
- 2 windows, each has its own sceneview
- sceneview's frustums are set so that the multi-textured plane is only
visible in 1 sceneview
- it doesn't matter if the other models are in the viewing frustum of
each window

This is how I created the multi-textured plane in .osg file format:
1) export a textured plane from 3dsmax
2) added the "textureUnit 1" section by copying from the "textureUnit 0"
section
3) added the "TexCoordArray 1" section by copying from the
"TexCoordArray 0" section
3) added "TexEnv" section
I tried to change the renderbin but it does not change anything.

Can someone please take a look at the attached model? Or point me to a
properly multi-textured model in .osg format?

pfew, it's driving me nuts.

Thanks a lot for your time!
Raymond

Btw I'm now using osg 2.1.11 on WindowsXP, Visual Studio 2005 SP1