[osg-users] Accessing the Depth Buffer for Stereo Output.

Robert Osfield robert.osfield at gmail.com
Thu Sep 20 05:14:17 PDT 2007

Hi Kim,

Probably the easiest way would be to render the scene using a render
to texture Camera and use a texture for the colour buffer and the
depth buffer.  Then in a second pass as  HUD Camera and render the
colour texture directly as a quad on the left hand side, then render
the depth texture as a grey scale on a left hand quad.

The osgdistortion example probably comes closest to doing this type of
thing w.r.t RTT Camera  and HUD Camera setup.

Robert.