[osg-users] Collision detection

Anders Backman andersb at cs.umu.se
Thu Sep 20 02:37:19 PDT 2007

That depends what you mean by Collision Detection.

The only functionality in this area is, checking for overlapping bounding
volumes and ray/scene intersection.

If you need to extract intersectionpoints, normals, penetration depth
between any two given geometries/meshes, then osg is not what you need.
Look at Bullet, ODE, OPCODE, GIMPACT which are examples of libraries doing
just that (and more).

/Anders

Anders Backman               Email:    andersb at cs.umu.se
HPC2N/VRlab                  Phone:    +46 (0)90-786 9936
Umea university              Cellular: +46 (0)70-392 64 67
S-901 87 UMEA SWEDEN         Fax:      +46 90-786 6126
                               http://www.cs.umu.se/~andersb