[osg-users] osg::CameraNode doesn't render the scene behind the osgProducer::Camera

Robert Osfield robert.osfield at gmail.com
Thu Sep 20 01:31:33 PDT 2007

Hi,

On 9/19/07, zarrandreas <zarrandreas at web.de> wrote:
> Thanks for the tip, but I can't use osgViewer, because I use custom
> framework and this framework use osgProducer::Viewer.

osgProducer::Viewer apps can typically be ported to osgViewer::Viewer
in minutes, they have lots of similarities.

> The Prerender Example in osg framework use also osgProducer::Camera and
> osg::CameraNode to render the scene to the texture. Maybe the problem is in
> the using of the screen aligned quad (=> I align the quad to the screen in
> the vertex shader).

When you say "osg framework" what do you mean?  There is no "osg
framework" unless its on your side.  Do you mean the osg examples that
came with 1.2?

As a general note render to texture setup can normally be done totally
independently from the viewer, code can be ported across different
viewers and should still work.  The viewer also shouldn't make any
difference.  If you have problem with RTT then its likely that its a
pure scene graph set up issue.

As for the problem with your set up one really can't say what might be
up with so few details of how you've set up the scene graph.