[osg-users] debug libraries in windows

Serge Lages serge.lages at gmail.com
Wed Sep 19 09:08:27 PDT 2007

When the vcproj is build by CMAKE it generates everything needed to build
the project in Debug or Release.
As I build OSG with command lines I just launch :

call "C:\Program Files\CMake 2.4\bin\cmake.exe" . -DBUILD_OSG_EXAMPLES=OFF
-DBUILD_OSG_NET_PLUGINS=OFF -DOSG_MSVC_VERSIONED_DLL=ON
devenv INSTALL.vcproj /build Debug /Project "INSTALL"
devenv INSTALL.vcproj /build Release /Project "INSTALL"

Note that I never change the CMAKE_BUILD_TYPE option.
It is for an INSTALL build, you can of course change by ALL_BUILD if you
don't want to install it.

On 9/19/07, Andy Skinner <Andy.Skinner at mathworks.com> wrote:

> I've lost track--should windows debug libraries have d appended, like
> osg22-osgd.dll?  What about lib files?
>
> Somewhere as I went from OSG 1.2 to 2.*, we lost some of our text
> objects (we're using our own class).  (Not all, oddly.)  It looks like
> they might be culled out, and I thought the problem was going to be
> small feature culling.  (Our bounds aren't right, and have two points
> for corners.)  But we're still turning that off, and it used to work.
>
> If I change the computeBound() method to alter one of the points a bit,
> it works.  So it does seem like a culling issue, but I haven't figure
> out what to do with it.  As I said, we've turned off small feature
> culling.  I tried making a cull callback which returns false.  (False
> means don't cull, right?)  The cull callback is called, but
> drawImplementation is not.
>
> So I'd like to debug a bit, but I'm not getting any symbols.  I want to
> make sure I'm building the library correctly, and my filenames don't
> have "d" appended to them.  Should they?
>
> Any help about what might have changed so that our text doesn't show, or
> about whether I'm getting a debug build, would be appreciated.
>
> CMakeCache.txt shows:
> CMAKE_BUILD_TYPE:STRING=Debug
>
> andy

Serge Lages