[osg-users] Importing Model

Roger James roger at beardandsandals.co.uk
Wed Sep 19 08:21:34 PDT 2007

You import Google Sketchup models by exporting them from Sketchup in Googe
Earth 4 format and extracting the collada format (.dae) file from the
resulting kmz file which is in fact a zip archive. I find the easiest way to
do this on a windows platform is to change the .kmz extension to .zip and
extract the contents into a new folder. You will find the .dae file in a
"models" sub-directory. Any textures it references will be in an "images"
sub-directory.

Roger

  _____