[osg-users] 'loosing' textures?

Raymond de Vries reedev at xs4all.nl
Wed Sep 19 06:33:36 PDT 2007

Hi,

> Glut is effectively only used for creating the rendering context at the
> moment. From there on I use this rendering context in the .net controls.
> Apart from that the usage is for historical reasons. I understand it
> sounds strange but the glut functionality that I use right now is very
> limited. And when I do use it, it is used as a kind of debugging window
> instead of het .net control.
>
> Rewriting the whole thing is not an option right now, and I don't need
> the full osgviewer functionality. I will try to use osg::GraphicsContext
> so that I can take a step in the right direction.

Ok, I guess this GraphicsContext is only to be used as part of the
osgviewer, so this is not an option for me right now.

More info, maybe this rings a bell: the textures only disappear after a
few frames, when I use multiple windows (.net controls). Conceptually, I
don't have a clue what's going on, all the windows have a view on the
same scenegraph, using their own sceneview.

thanks a lot for your time!
Raymond