[osg-users] PSSM: Latest Version : Please Test and Debug

Adrian Egli 3dhelp at gmail.com
Tue Sep 18 15:08:38 PDT 2007

Hi Robert,

i did some changes in latest implementation, i now i have a PSSM variant
which works quite well. I propose to check this implementation into
osgShadow. Of course this is just the first version of our PSSM
implementation, but we are still open to change the implementation is
implemented it as a shadow technique as you mentioned. A future
implementation can be the one Terry started some month ago, but i don't know
when he will be able to post a adapted version to our shadow technique
abstraction.

in the attachment we have to VS2003 project:
* First my test case, may we can add this as new example.
* Second is the osgShadow example from the SVN with changes i did, marked
with //ADEGLI
-> the source
-> test.bat, you can see what i tested, the test.ive is a database
downloaded from
http://www.vision.ee.ethz.ch/~pmueller/wiki/CityEngine/DownloadModelsPompeii

others should test. some problem can cause the PolygonOffset, i tested it on
two different system with different GPUs, all under windows, i ll test as
soon as i have some minutes left also under os/x

/regards

adegli