[osg-users] Constructing normals for osg::DrawElements

John Donovan john.donovan at embryonicstudios.com
Tue Sep 18 03:09:24 PDT 2007

Alberto Luaces wrote:
> I didn't know about this, thanks for the clarification. Is the performance
> loss still noticeable after the primitive is compiled in a display list?

I only found out by reading the excellent OSGQSG (Quick Start Guide), but makes
sense now I think about it.
I'm not sure of the performance difference between glBegin()/glEnd(), display
lists, and vertex arrays, it's going to be partly driver and application
dependent. There's the function osg::Drawable::setUseDisplayLists() you can
call, then do some timing tests to see what happens.

-J