[osg-users] PSSM: Latest Version : Please Test and Debug

Robert Osfield robert.osfield at gmail.com
Tue Sep 18 01:31:08 PDT 2007

Hi Adrian and Terry,

New shadow algorithms need to be implemented as a subclass from
osgShadow::ShadowTechnique for them to be considered for merging with
SVN. All the hooks required to implement advanced techniques are
available to the shadow techniques so it shouldn't cause any
significant problems in implementing the PSSM as a ShadowTechniqiue.

The use of ShadowTechnique is important as it allows end users to
trial out different techniques very easily and find the route which
best suits their hardware and scene type.  It is even possible that
different techniques will be used by one application as they load up
different scenes.

I did review Terry's PSSM code and did consider porting it across to
work as a ShadowTechnique, but alas I've just been snowed under be
other work.  The same is the case right now, while I'd love to see a
good PSSM implementation checked into osgShadow I don't have the time
to help out in this effort.

Robert.