[osg-users] release and flush GL Objects?

Robert Osfield robert.osfield at gmail.com
Mon Sep 17 11:42:15 PDT 2007

On 9/17/07, Rafa Gaitan <rafa.gaitan at gmail.com> wrote:
> > viewer.getSceneData()->releaseGLObjects(); // or getCamera()...
> >
> viewer.getCamera()->getGraphicsContext()->getState()->reset();
> > osg::flushAllDeletedGLObjects(0);
>

> Yes, This works better, Thank You!, there is some issues with
> PagedLOD nodes, so I need to debug more and see how to solve
> them.

It might well be the database pager has objects still held into its
internal lists but not just merged.

Once you get to the bottom of it we could possibly wrap up all that is
required in a clean up method in
osgViewer::Viewer/CompositeViewer/GraphicsWindowEmbedded.

BTW, could you try removing the original GraphicsWindowEmbedded and
replace it with new one as this is effectively you are doing -
changing the graphics context from underneath the viewer.