[osg-users] Sharing statesets across files

Robert Osfield robert.osfield at gmail.com
Sun Sep 16 06:16:59 PDT 2007

Hi Matt,

I'm afraid there isn't a mechanism for sharing objects between
separate .osg or .ive files, only between one file.

I can certainly imagine ways of implementing such a scheme - something
like a shared resource file that all the files refer to.  This will
require mods to .osg and .ive plugins in both the reader/writers so
its not a trivial change.  The community are welcome to pick this ball
and run with it, I can review suggestions.

Robert.