[osg-users] PSSM: Latest Version : Please Test and Debug

Adrian Egli 3dhelp at gmail.com
Sat Sep 15 03:00:13 PDT 2007

Hi latest version,

(1) NVidea Cards, the setting of the Polygon offset seems to be not correct
on my ATI it's seems to be correct (looks nice)
     please test and check for good values, i don't now a good value for
this
(2) GLSL shader has to be generated dynamic, if we change the number of
split planes
     the version no longer need any IF in the GLSL shader, this makes the
good a little bit different form the suggestion in the paper PSSM
(3) try it out and test

pssm --help

enjoy and have a nice weekend, i will be not online till monday. if you have
some ideas, fixes etc please send me the new code. then i will be able to
test it
out. i hope for next osg release we will have a good and robust PSSM
implementation what would be greate.

the next version of PSSM would have project maps, at the moment it supports
just directional lights

/adegli

2007/9/14, Adrian Egli <3dhelp at gmail.com>:

> hi,
>
> i will post the first version of the PSSM for a sun as directional lights.
>

> Please help in test, debug, and optimisation, than we can integrate it
> into OSG core, i would like doing this as soon as possible.
>
> call in a console...
> PSSM --help
>
> example
> PSSM.exe  dumptruck.osg  --noUpdate --mapcount 3
> PSSM.exe  dumptruck.osg  --noUpdate --mapcount 3 --NO-DEBUG
>

> * we need a better GLSL shader ! My version isn't yet good enough (and
> robust)
>
> * i guess there is still a little bug, the near-far clipping plane for the
> each camera (shadow)
>
> * ...
>
> others
>
> thanks for help