[osg-users] OSG 2.1.10 windows refresh / performance

Gert van Maren gert at k2vi.com
Fri Sep 14 22:56:48 PDT 2007

Hi Robert,

>> to get a refresh. Anybody else have these issues? We have it on ATI as
>> well as Nvidia cards.
> I haven't heard of this problem before.  Do others see it as well?

Tried it on a couple more machines and all the same issue. This issue has
been there since post OSG1.2. Have a look at the attached screenshot.

Happens in debug and release.

> I haven't yet worked out how to make CMake by itself default to
> selecting Release build.  Under unices you can use the configure
> script which simple does:
>   cmake . -DCMAKE_BUILD_TYPE=Release
> Its absolutely essential to make a release build before doing any
> benchmarking as it makes a massive difference to performance.

Did do the Cmake release compile but the /O2 option didn't get set in the
vs project by Cmake (running VS2003 7). Had to add it manually. Now have
comparable fps as OSG12.

Gert

--
Gert van Maren