[osg-users] probs running OSG on non-dev system?

Thrall, Bryan bryan.thrall at flightsafety.com
Fri Sep 14 14:21:07 PDT 2007

Paul at Tcl3D wrote on Friday, September 14, 2007 3:12 PM:
> Hi Mike,
>
> My bells rang: Include a manifest.
>
> For DLL's:
> mt -manifest test.dll.manifest -outputresource:"test.dll;2"
>
> For EXE's:
> mt -manifest test.exe.manifest -outputresource:"test.exe;1"

Also, the MSVCRT used by VS8 is not typically installed on WinXP, so
this link might help:

http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms235299(VS.80).aspx

Basically, Visual Studio 8 includes a file (on my PC its in C:\Program
Files\Microsoft Visual Studio
8\SDK\v2.0\BootStrapper\Packages\vcredist_x86) vcredist_x86.exe that
will install the updated MSVCRT for you and allow the app to run.

--
Bryan Thrall
FlightSafety International
Bryan.Thrall at flightsafety.com