[osg-users] OSG 2.1.10 windows refresh / performance

Jean-Sébastien Guay jean-sebastien.guay at polymtl.ca
Fri Sep 14 06:51:17 PDT 2007

Hello Robert, Gert,

>> With 2.1.10 (and 2.1.9/8 as well) my windows taskbar does not refresh
>> after I go from fullscreen osgviewer to windowed. I need to kill osgviewer
>> to get a refresh. Anybody else have these issues? We have it on ATI as
>> well as Nvidia cards.
>
> I haven't heard of this problem before.  Do others see it as well?

I'm on Windows XP as well, and hadn't seen it before, but now I've
just tried it and it does indeed happen. It's very weird, I don't
recall any other graphics apps ever having this behavior. I would have
no idea where to look to fix it though, perhaps someone well-versed in
Win32 programming would have an idea?

> I haven't yet worked out how to make CMake by itself default to
> selecting Release build.  Under unices you can use the configure
> script which simple does:
>
>    cmake . -DCMAKE_BUILD_TYPE=Release

On Windows, when building in MSVC, just selecting Release at the top
and then building will build the release version. That's one
difference between Linux and Windows, no need to re-run CMake to
select release or debug, as both are included in the generated project
files and you can just switch in Visual Studio.

> Its absolutely essential to make a release build before doing any
> benchmarking as it makes a massive difference to performance.

Absolutely.

J-S
Jean-Sebastien Guay     jean-sebastien.guay at polymtl.ca
                         http://whitestar02.webhop.org/