[osg-users] OpenSceneGraph-2.1.10 dev version released

Robert Osfield robert.osfield at gmail.com
Fri Sep 14 05:11:26 PDT 2007

Hi Art et al.

I support inclusion of the range of ShaderModel 4.0 style OpenGL
extension in 2.4 rather, but not 2.2.  For 2.2 we are very close to
feature freeze.

My focus for 2.2 right now is stabilising the build and execution
across platforms.  I will consider minor feature enhancements that
come that look like they won't interfere with the stability and build
of the OSG, i.e. are very low risk.  I won't merge higher risk
changes, or hold back 2.2 for feature x.

It is my plan to keep stable releases coming out every 2 to 3 months,
and dev releases every week, so the need to try to get lots of
features packed in is not required.  Having a stable platform is more
important than features.

Robert.