[osg-users] CMAKE for Windows

Jean-Sébastien Guay jean-sebastien.guay at polymtl.ca
Thu Sep 13 10:36:55 PDT 2007

Hello Wolfgang,

> The first statement 'SET(PLUGINS_DIR
> ${OpenSceneGraph_SOURCE_DIR}/Plugins' was only for internal use of
> config.cmake.

I would prefer if PLUGINS_DIR was user-modifiable too. That way the
base path for all dependencies could be changed in one place, instead
of having to change it for each dependency independently. It's just a
matter of convenience...

And BTW, plugins might not be the best term, as this may be confused
with osgPlugins. A better choice would be "dependencies" which is the
term that has been used for a while for things like the 3rdParty
directory, Collada, OpenVRML, Inventor and the rest. So
'SET(DEPENDENCIES_DIR  ${OpenSceneGraph_SOURCE_DIR}/Dependencies'
would probably be better.

> The main aspect is the introduction of such a config.cmake for windows.

I totally agree, it would be a good addition.

J-S
Jean-Sebastien Guay     jean-sebastien.guay at polymtl.ca
                         http://whitestar02.webhop.org/