[osg-users] How to properly disable a plugin

Mike Logan mlogan at mail.arc.nasa.gov
Thu Sep 13 09:18:01 PDT 2007

nice...   the one idea I didn't think of.      8)

Setting to empty values did the trick - worked great.
thanks!

I now have 4 different OSG platforms builds..   yipee.

ml

On Sep 13, 2007, at 2:20 AM, Paul Melis wrote:

> Mike Logan wrote:
>
>> Using latest svn today...
>>
>> I have an old Inventor install that keeps getting picked up by cmake.
>> But I want to disable that plugin for now..    it won't compile.
>>
>> I changed to my build subdirectory and ran "ccmake .."  and was
>>  able to change the values
>>        INVENTOR_INCLUDE_DIR  =         INVENTOR_INCLUDE_DIR-NOTFOUND
>>        INVENTOR_LIBRARY  =         INVENTOR_LIBRARY-NOTFOUND
>>
>> but I can't "generate" at that point within ccmake.
>> I have to "configure" again and then generate
>>  which ends up finding Inventor all over again.
>>
>> Editing CMakeCache.txt  directly also doesn't work, because  the
>> subsequent 'make'
>>  will cause a  "configure & generate" again.
>>
>> help.
>>

> I think I had a similar problem. In my case setting the inventor
> values
> to the empty string in ccmake seemed to help.
> You do have to [c]onfigure after that step, but in my case ccmake
> doesn't alter the values anymore.
>
> Paul
> openscenegraph.org

Michael Logan
Perot Systems Govt. Services / NASA Ames Res. Ctr.
Task Lead / Visual Cueing & Simulation
Visualization Engineer / Adaptive Control Technologies
MS 269-1, Moffett Field, CA, 94035  (650)-604-4494

"If you want to start a revolution, don't pick up a gun.
  Do it with science and technology."  - Stanford R. Ovshinsky