[osg-users] CMAKE for Windows

Jean-Sébastien Guay jean-sebastien.guay at polymtl.ca
Thu Sep 13 07:40:24 PDT 2007

Hello Wolfgang,

> SET(PLUGINS_DIR ${OpenSceneGraph_SOURCE_DIR}/Plugins)
>
> SET(ENV{3RDPARTY_DIR} ${PLUGINS_DIR}/3rdParty)
> SET(ENV{COLLADA_DIR} ${PLUGINS_DIR}/Collada)
> SET(ENV{OPENVRML_DIR} ${PLUGINS_DIR}/OpenVRML)

So you want the 3rdParty directory to live inside
OpenSceneGraph/Plugins? In the past, the standard location has always
been parallel to OpenSceneGraph, which I find cleaner because then if
you need to you can just wipe the OpenSceneGraph dir and re-checkout
from SVN to get a clean source tree.

Other than that, I'm all for standardizing a set of paths for plugins
and dependencies. I just don't agree with putting them *inside*
OpenSceneGraph. I think parallel would be better. Something like:

<some_parent_dir>/OpenSceneGraph
<some_parent_dir>/3rdParty
<some_parent_dir>/Collada
<some_parent_dir>/OpenVRML

Of course, if ${PLUGINS_DIR} is modifiable then it's less of a
problem, but I still think the default should promote a clean source
directory.

J-S
Jean-Sebastien Guay     jean-sebastien.guay at polymtl.ca
                         http://whitestar02.webhop.org/